Research investigations are conducted using field measurements, remote sensing, numerical modelling and laboratory experiments.
- Environmental research and water quality
- Phytoplankton culturing, counts and production, background of chlorophyll/phaeophytin extraction, extraction by grinding and sonication.
- Geophysical fluid dynamics
- Rotating turntable, internal wave tank, convection tanks, model reservoir and instrumentation.
- Hydraulics laboratory
- Tow tank, constant head tank and pumping facilities, recirculating flumes, wave tanks, Swan River model, tilting tube and other experimental apparatus.